According to the American Humane Society, one in three dogs will go missing from their homes during their lifetime. Purchasing the Best GPS Dog Tracker for your dog is one of the most important steps you can take to protect your pooch!
You may think that this won’t happen to you! That said, microchipping and social media don’t help you right away, and it may take a few days to weeks to find your missing dog without a GPS Dog Tracker.
GPS Dog Trackers for dogs can save your dog’s life! They should be easy-to-clip to your dog’s collar. They should also have the latest smart technology allowing you to track your dog’s activities and whereabouts!
The Pet GPS Dog Tracker will quickly relay the latest updates to your computer or phone allowing you to find your lost dog in no time at all.
Finding your lost dog in the shortest amount of time will save your furry best friend before the unthinkable may happen!
What to Look for in GPS Dog Trackers?
Not all GPS dog trackers are created equal. That said, it’s important for all pet parents to know what to look for. Some GPS dog trackers may give you the exact transmission of your dog’s location in current time, while others update periodically. Some may be Bluetooth, making it perhaps more difficult to use if out of range. While a GPS dog tracker needs to be reasonable priced and durable, it’s best to compare what’s on the market in 2019 before you make a purchase.
Considerations When Purchasing a GPS Dog Tracker
- Long battery life
- Compact for safety, and less noticeable for dog thieves to remove.
- Read online reviews and company websites
- Opt for popular and best-selling brands
- Make sure that you don’t suffer from electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS)
- Secure and comfortable fit with integrated trackers
- Satellite imaging
- Real-time tracking
- Works on multiple devices
- Indoor tracking
- Set GEO zones (safe zone settings)
Popular GPS Dog Tracker Brands
Reasons to Track Your Dog
We all take a lot of precautions to keep our dogs safe. That said, tracking your dog’s activity levels throughout the day by using the latest combined GPS and activity tracking technology makes a lot of sense.
Perks of the GPS Dog Tracker
- Pet parents can receive notifications throughout the day and night from anywhere even if you’re away on vacation.
- Monitor your pet sitter or dog walker’s walks
- Makes it easier to find your dog before, during, and after natural disasters like hurricanes, earthquakes and brushfires.
- Great for pet owners that have large equestrian farms or large properties, most especially if dogs are explorers.
- Get geofence notifications if your dog leaves a pre-defined area.
- Find your dog quickly if the get spooked, and run away.
The Best Pet GPS 2019 Trackers
Because it’s so easy to get confused with so many GPS dog trackers on the market, we decided to only look at products that were geared towards tracking your dog, and that were dog specific in that the products were meant only for dogs.
That said, here are our main picks for The Top 5 GPS Dog Trackers for 2019
We looked at companies that had good reviews, great websites and awesome customer service. We also explored GPS trackers that were durable for dogs that enjoyed hiking through thick underbrush, and that could also be effective during natural disasters like earthquakes and brushfires when pets tend to get lost the most. We also focused on pet parents with Smartphones.
WHISTLE 3/GPS PET TRACKER & ACTIVITY MONITOR/GREY $99.95
Our Pick For Best Value
This was originally a Tagg product before Whistle took it over, and is a best seller among pet parents. Durable and waterproof, with nationwide tracking, this SMART GPS also gets proactive alerts, and provides health insights into your dog’s age, weight, and breed.
- Text, email or app notification.
- Actual location tracking
- Tracks in real-time with satellite location imaging
- On-demand alerts for pet parents
- Waterproof and durable
- Tracks rest and activity periods
- Can only be used in the U.S
- Accuracy in question when used in rural areas
- Subscription required starting at $6.95 monthly
Whistle is offering FREE SHIPPING & 90 Day Trial right now. Here is the link
Findster Duo & Pet Activity Tracker $149.99
Best GPS Dog Tracker With No Monthly Fees
There is no monthly subscription fee with this product which uses Maze technology. With effective real time tracking and instant alerts, this product works worldwide even off-grid.
- Range performance
- No monthly subscription fees (No Cell Coverage Needed)
- Real-time tracker & History Tracker
- Instant alerts
- Works internationally even when on a pet vacay
- Clear and easy instructions
- Distance Stats & Badges to encourage fitness for your dog
- Numerous safety features like Safe Zone and Danger Zone
- Virtual Fences & Radar
- Share access to your pets with family members
- More Expensive Up Front Cost. (But no monthly fees so cheaper in the long run)
TRACTIVE 3G DOG GPS TRACKER $ 118.99
The Tractive GPS Tracker apart from being lightweight and waterproof, is one of the smallest GPS tracking devices for dogs. That said, it’s very popular and has real-time location tracking via T-Mobile with a monthly starting service of $5.
- Real-time tracking
- Safe Zone feature
- For use in iPhone and Android devices
- Battery recharges in 2 hours
- Rechargeable battery that lasts up to 5 days
- May be pricey
Tractive has a 10% off sale on right now. Here is the link
POD 3 GPS TRACKER $129 Chewy
This product has a 24-hour location history, and sends notifications if your pooch has gone too far. With safe and danger zone alerts, this tracker has a GPS chip, 2G/3G cellular coverage, Wi-Fi connectivity, and Bluetooth technology to track your pet internationally.
- Great for small dog breeds because it is lightweight
- Real time tracking with GPS chip
- Reasonably priced
- Works internationally
- Awesome website
- Fully waterproof
- Interchangeable batteries
- Next Generation GPS Chip
- Wi-Fi connectivity and syncing needed
- May be pricey
LINK AKC SMART DOG COLLAR
The Link AKC is trendy in design, and offers an adventure tracker, a remote sound-training feature, as well as a remote control light. The unique app. Stores veterinary records and keeps pet owners up- date-on their pet’s health requirements. Although heavier than other GPS trackers, the design is available in either leather or Sport options.
- Works with IOS and Android
- Includes an extended warranty, size guarantee and access to Pet Poison Hotline
- Activity goals are customized by the AKC to your dog’s breed, age, size
- Adventures feature addition to record fun times with your pooch
- Temperature alerts to extreme heat or cold
- Trendy form collar
- Able to track daily exercise patterns of your dog.
- Reliable and accurate
- Requires service plan connectivity with monthly service fee starting at $9.95
- Make be too chunky for small breeds
- One –time activation fee
- Static and not real–time tracking with a 3-minute delay
- LED feature for visibility
There is nothing like knowing that your dog is safe, or can be found quickly when lost. GPS dog trackers have to be both functional and affordable for pet owners today. Responsible pet ownership starts with keeping your pet safe!
I lost my dog, and having a GPS Tracker could have saved us a lot of stress, and heartache. Check out my post on how I lost my dog, and what I learned. In this post I share the lessons I learned so others do not have go through the traumatic experience we went through